WHAT THE ANIMALS SAY, 2012David Ireland will make you laugh in ways you probably shouldn’t
Greyscale in association with TriForce Promotions presents:
WHAT THE ANIMALS SAY
Directed by Lorne Campbell
Design by Fly Davis
Lighting Design by Chris Withers
Cast: Huss Garbiya ( Eddie ) and Chris Ryman ( Jimmy)
Two old school friends meet by chance at Stranraer ferry port.
Jimmy is a protestant from east Belfast, he is a penniless actor that nobody has heard of. He is on his way to the biggest audition of his life.
Eddie is a protestant from East Belfast he is the captain of Celtic Football Club, everybody knows who he is. The problem is they all hate him.
Neither of them knows it yet but Mel is waiting to make it all much, much worse.
David Ireland’s offensive and hilarious satire of the politics of peace, reconciliation, bigotry, prejudice, hatred and Mel Gibson will make you laugh in ways you probably shouldn’t.
‘A Star is Born’ The Scotsman ****
“The audience howled with laughter throughout.”
British Theatre Guide
- NORTHERN STAGE
- Wed 3rd – Fri 5th October 2012, 8pm
- Newcastle Playhouse, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RH
- Tickets: £14.50 / £12
- Booking: 01912305151
- Online: http://www.northernstage.co.uk/whats-on/what-the-animals-say
- CAMDEN PEOPLE'S THEATRE
- Tue 9th – Sat 13th October 2012, 7:30
- 58-60 Hampstead Road London NW1 2PY
- Tickets: £12/£10
- Booking: 084447710000
- Online: http://www.cptheatre.co.uk/event_details.php?sectionid=theatre&eventid=575&searchid=current